There are 11 categories for the Beyond Sport Awards 2013 covering the entire sporting spectrum of health, social inclusion, corporate and social responsibility, and philanthropy.
These categories are split into three clear sections – Beyond Sport Community Awards; Corporation and Federation Awards; and the Judges' Awards.
The applications go before a judging committee who decide on a shortlist of three-five in each category.
The Shortlisted entries from each category will receive:
- A free invitation to the Beyond Sport Summit 2013 in Philadelphia taking place September 9-11.
- Support in travel to and from the Beyond Sport Summit 2013*, as well as accommodation for the duration of the event
- Access to Beyond Sport's global network of international sports organisations, company leaders, and influential political figures
- Opportunities for business mentoring and to become members of the most influential group of social entrepreneurs ever assembled around sport
- Promotion on a global platform through Beyond Sport’s outlets and partners
*Applicable on needs-basis only.
The Winners of all the Beyond Sport Awards receive global recognition, a package of substantial business and strategic support, and exclusive access to partnership and media opportunities. The Winners of the Community Awards also receive funding* and the official Beyond Sport Business Support Package to enable them to move forward and become fully sustainable in the future.
*Subject to approval of the Beyond Sport Foundation Trustees