You are submitting an entry for the following award:
Sport Team of the Year
STOP: Before you enter, read the below in full!
The entry process is four steps.
Step 1: Read the criteria, download the entry form (below) and complete it. Do not
continue the process below until you have finished this step.
Step 2: Fill out the below information, which will be shown online, and click ‘next step’.
Again, do NOT submit this until you are ready to upload your completed entry form.
Step 3: Upload your completed entry form and supporting attachments.
Step 4:Provide references, the details of which will be emailed to you.
Criteria specific to this category:
In addition to following Beyond Sport’s Four Basic Principles, the entry must show:
- That the submitting organisation is a professional sport team, university team, amateur team, or foundation and trust affiliated to any of these types of teams
- That the team goes beyond addressing increased participation levels and focuses on major issues occurring within the relevant communities
- The full scope of the 'community' work the team does as opposed to a single project
- That values of the 'community' initiatives have been integrated into the wider operational activities of the team
- An effective use of team’s reach and assets (eg brand, athletes, fanbase, stadia, sponsors)
- A strong connection between the team and their community
- A strong 'inclusive' strategy when engaging participants in community programmes (eg gender, race, ethnicity, disability, economic background, etc.)
- Judges will look favourably on those entries whose community engagement efforts are actively contributing and integrated into the team's overall financial objectives.
In addition to the above, the entry must show:
- That the team has effectively used partnerships
- That the team has well-supported evidence of change through a monitoring and evaluation structure