You are submitting an entry for the following award:
Sport Federation or Governing Body of the Year
STOP: Before you enter, read the below in full!
The entry process is four steps.
Step 1: Read the criteria, download the entry form (below) and complete it. Do not
continue the process below until you have finished this step.
Step 2: Fill out the below information, which will be shown online, and click ‘next step’.
Again, do NOT submit this until you are ready to upload your completed entry form.
Step 3: Upload your completed entry form and supporting attachments.
Step 4:Provide references, the details of which will be emailed to you.
Criteria specific to this category:
In addition to following Beyond Sport's Four Basic Principles, the entry must show:
- That the submitting organisation is a recognised national governing body, international federation, any rights-holder of a recognised competition or league, or a foundation affiliated to any of these types of organisations
- That the organisation goes beyond addressing increased participation levels and focuses on major issues occurring within the relevant communities
- Integration of 'social change and community engagement' into the organisation's activities and sport development programmes
- Effective use of organisation's reach, assets, and network (including subsidiary bodies)
- A strong 'inclusive' strategy when engaging participants in community programmes (eg gender, race, ethnicity, disability, economic background, etc.)
- Judges will look favourably on those entries whose community engagement efforts are actively contributing and integrated into the organisation's overall financial objectives
In addition to the above, the entry must show:
- That the organisation has effectively used partnerships
- That the organisation has well-supported evidence of change through a monitoring and evaluation structure